World Heritage Plan (Half Day)
The Kamigamo and Shimogamo areas are home to famous UNESCO World Heritage sites, and include the oldest shrine and some of the most sacred places in Kyoto.
- 1. Make your way to Kamigamo-jinja (see guide page for route from Kyoto station). Stop here and look around one of Japan’s oldest shrines.
- 2. Walk from Kamigamo-jinja to Ota-jinja (approx. 10 minutes).
- 3. After visiting Ota-jinja, head back to Kamigamo-jinja and follow the river for a pleasant walk to Kawai-jinja (approx. 40 minutes)
- 4. A short walk (approx. 5 minutes) from Kawai-jinja will bring you to another famous World Heritage Site, Shimogamo-jinja.
- 5. Round off your visit at Tanaka-jinja (approx. 17 minutes on foot from Shimogamo-jinja).